Thank you for your interest in Design & Construction Week®, the co-location of the NAHB International Builders' Show® (IBS) and the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show® (KBIS), brought to you by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA).
Please see the below criteria to determine if you qualify for complimentary press credentials. By registering you will have access to the exhibits of both shows.
Complimentary Editorial Press registration is available to members of the media who are solely attending the show in an editorial capacity and represent a recognized media outlet.Editorial Press Register Now
Non-Editorial Press registration is available for marketing, public relations, advertising, sales, publishers, book authors, book editors and other non-editorial employees of a media organization who plan to engage in any sales or marketing activities.Non-Editorial Press Register Now for IBS Non-Editorial Press Register Now for KBIS
Press Credential Requirements
Complimentary press credentials are issued only to qualified journalists (reporters, editors, freelance writers, bloggers and news photographers, producers, etc.) working for media outlets relevant to the housing industry.
Non-editorial/paid press registration is available for marketing, public relations, advertising, sales, publishers, book authors, book editors and other non-editorial employees of a media organization who plan to engage in any sales or marketing activities. Satellite media tours (paid or unpaid) are strictly prohibited.
Please note that all press registrations will be reviewed and are subject to approval. Additional information or supporting verification may be required before press credentials will be provided. The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) reserve the right to deny any press applicant if sufficient credentials are not provided.
Print Media: Reporters, editors and other editorial staff from a print media outlet must be able to show either a masthead from a current publication listing you as an editorial contact, or supply a bylined article published within the last two months.
Freelancers: Freelance writers must provide a bylined article that was published within the six months prior to registration. Additionally, to qualify for press credentials they must have written a minimum of three published articles within the last year in an accredited media outlet.
Still Photographers: Photographers must submit a letter or email from the news organization they are representing describing what they have been hired to cover. Emails must come from the assigning editor's corporate email account. Generic email addresses (ie. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc.) will not be accepted.
Bloggers/Online Media: Press registration for bloggers and other online media outlets will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the NAHB and the NKBA.
- To be considered for press credentials, the blog must be have been established prior to Design & Construction Week, must be independently hosted and regularly updated with original and current housing/design news for a minimum of a year.
- The industry-related blog must adhere to a standard of professional responsibility regulating institutional journalism, such as editing, fact-checking and disclosure of conflicts of interest.
- The blogger must have posted a bylined housing industry piece within two months prior to registering for Design & Construction Week, and show a history of at least 12 new bylined posts within a six month period.
- Company branded blogs and those affiliated with a service, product or other type of business will not be considered.
- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr sites, personal blogs, communities, forums and user groups will not be considered.
- Press registrants must disclose any conflict of interest. Credentialed media are prohibited from engaging in a pay-for-play arrangement or any other type of financial compensation that may influence their coverage.
- Applicants must be able to supply, upon request, a recent monthly web traffic report from an external demographic tool such as Google Analytics, verifying the publication or blog receives a minimum of 1,000 unique monthly visitors.
Production Companies: Production companies must pre-register under the policy on taping during Design & Construction Week and may not register on site. Production crews and broadcast media should refer to the Policy Regarding Production Groups and Taping During Design & Construction Week for a complete list of requirements.
In-house Publication Employees: In-house newsletter writers, book authors, book editors and publishers do not qualify as working press.
Publishers: Publishers must register as non-editorial paid press. However, publishers who also act in an editorial capacity for their publication may be considered for complimentary press credentials by demonstrating a regular history of bylined articles written for the publication, if no other editorial staff from the publication are attending. Publishers will be granted credentials at the NAHB’s and the NKBA’s discretion.