- What is Design & Construction Week®?
- Design & Construction Week is the co-location of the two biggest annual tradeshows for residential design and construction professionals. It is the one place in North America where the building industry comes together. In 2017, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) will again co-locate the International Builders’ Show® (IBS) and the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show® (KBIS).
- When and where is DCW 2017?
- The fourth annual DCW will take place January 10-12, 2017 at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC).
- You can learn more about each DCW event—and all of the products, networking and learning opportunities each show has to offer by visiting their websites (IBS, KBIS). Your registration will give you access to the exhibit floors of both shows.
- What is the address and phone number for the Orange County Convention Center?
Orange County Convention Center
9800 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
- What are the exhibit floor hours and locations?
January 10-12 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
OCCC, West Concourse
- KBIS Exhibits: Exhibit Hall WA
- IBS Exhibits: Exhibit Halls WB-WD
- Outdoor Exhibits: Parking Lot W1
OCCC, South Concourse
- IBS Exhibits: Exhibit Hall SA
- KBIS Exhibits: Exhibit Hall SB
- Which show should I register for?
- It's completely up to you to decide which show is best for you. Visit our websites (IBS, KBIS) to see everything that is happening at each show.
- Do I have to be a member of the National Association of Home Builders or the National Kitchen & Bath Association to attend?
- No, you do not have to be a member of either organization to attend DCW; however, members are eligible for discounted registration fees. See NAHB membership or NKBA membership for more information.
- How do I register to attend?
- One badge gives you entry to the IBS and KBIS exhibit floors. Once you’ve decided which show is best for you, you may register online through the IBS or KBIS websites.
- How long after I register should I expect to receive a confirmation?
- You should receive an email confirmation within 24 hours.
- Are children allowed to attend DCW?
- Yes, however children under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times when in the exhibit areas. Registration for children is complimentary and must be done onsite. All children except infants in backpacks or slings must be registered and badged to be admitted to the exhibit areas. STOLLERS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE EXHIBIT AREAS.
- How many people are expected to attend?
- This mega-event will bring together more than 80,000 builders, general contractors, remodelers, designers, flooring professionals, as well as product specifiers from around the globe.
- How many exhibiting companies are anticipated?
- A combined total of 2,100+ exhibiting companies with hundreds of new and improved products in more than 900,000 square feet of exhibit space.
- Where can I park at the Orange County Convention Center and how much does it cost?
- The Convention Center has designated attendee parking locations. Parking generally costs $15 per entry and $25 for oversized vehicles per entry.
- Can I park my car overnight at the Orange County Convention Center?
- No, overnight parking at the Convention Center is prohibited. Vehicles left overnight will be towed at the owner's risk and expense.
- Where can I find accessibility information for persons with disabilities?
- View accessibility information here.
- What are the dates and locations of future Design & Construction Weeks?
2017 January 10-12 Tuesday-Thursday Orlando, FL 2018 January 9-11 Tuesday-Thursday Orlando, FL 2019 February 19-21 Tuesday-Thursday Las Vegas, NV 2020 January 21-23 Tuesday-Thursday Las Vegas, NV
Dates current as of August 2016.
- Where can I find more information about IBS or KBIS?
FAQs for IBS
FAQs for KBIS
- Who should I contact for specific questions about each show taking place during Design & Construction Week?
Questions for IBS
Questions for KBIS
- Are there any education opportunities during DCW?
- Yes, both IBS and KBIS have education sessions taking place during DCW. Access to education requires registering for a badge type that includes education admittance. While all badges give entry to the IBS and KBIS exhibit floors, admittance to education sessions will only be valid for the show’s education badge that you purchase.
- Check out each show’s website for more information on education opportunities—IBS, KBIS.
- What are Pre-Show Courses?
- Both NAHB and NKBA offer pre-show courses that take place a few days prior to DCW. Pre-show courses dig deeper into specific subjects to help grow your business. They also offer the opportunity to earn continuing education credit (CEU) for designations and certifications.
- A separate fee and registration is required for each pre-show course. Seating is limited and courses do sell out, so advance registration is strongly recommended. A DCW expo pass is included with your pre-show course registration and gives you access to the exhibit floors of both IBS and KBIS.
- NAHB offers IBS pre-show courses, January 6–9, 2017. See the complete list of IBS pre-show courses.
- NKBA offers NKBA Certification + Design Courses, January 9, 2017. See complete list of NKBA certification + design courses.
- How long after I register for a pre-show course should I expect to receive a confirmation?
- You should receive a confirmation within 24 hours. You will receive details on room locations and times for each course by email within two weeks prior to the event.
- I am interested in presenting during DCW, how do I become a speaker?
The speaker request for proposals for DCW 2017 has closed—check out each show’s website for updates on speaking at DCW 2018.Speak at the IBS
Speak at the KBIS